I lost 130 lbs with a combination of intermittent fasting and low carb paleo eating. In January 2020 when I began experimenting with a carnivore diet, my goals were primarily for body recomposition as I needed to tighten loose skin and build muscle after going from 260 down to 130 lbs. (I am 5’8”)
I have had many more NSVs than that now that I have been exclusively carnivore for the last several months.
-I wake before my alarm
– I have sustained energy throughout the day
– I’m now training for a marathon because my legs want to move
– I’m almost never hungry and actually remind myself to eat
– I sleep more soundly and need less sleep overall
– I’m more productive because my thinking is sharp and clear
– Body recomposition: I’ve lost 1” from my rib cage, 2” from my hips, and 3 1/2” from my waist
– Anxiety is gone
– Age spots are fading
– The most important NSV of all, sticking to a carnivore diet helped me overcome decades of sugar addiction and carb binges.
Miscellaneous info – Shawn Baker’s carnivore book was my gateway to starting, and I joined meat rx for the 30 day trial January 2020. My full length before/after is 2015 to March 2020. The up close before/after is 2011 to 2020. The most recent before/after shows the difference when I made my most recent tweaks (increase fat/protein ratio and eliminate salt) The difference is from Thanksgiving day to December 18.