This keto bread with psyllium husk recipe could be the only keto bread substitute you need! With a crispy crust and soft pliable center, this is perfect for all multi-grain or whole wheat bread uses. Each slice only has 2 net carbs per slice and an amazing mouthfeel which makes it the best keto bread I’ve ever had!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Serves: 16 slices
- 6 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter, softened
- ¾ cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Separate the ingredients by mixing the dry ingredients (psyllium husk powder, coconut flour, baking soda, salt) in a bowl and the wet ingredients (eggs, butter or coconut oil, and hot water) in another bowl.
- Combine the two bowls together by adding the dry into the wet. Work quickly to mix thoroughly because once the psyllium is activated with water it gels fast! Do not over mix.
- Transfer to a lightly greased standard 8×4-inch bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes. The best way to tell if the bread is done is to look for a hard and crusty top. It should be dark brown and firm.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in the bread pan for 15 minutes to settle. Loosen the edges with a knife to release the bread. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
***I HIGHLY recommend reading the original recipe post. There are important tips you need to know about in order to make the ideal loaf.***
When in doubt, cook for another 10 minutes. Temperatures do vary, so it may take a time or two before you get the exact result you are looking for. Overcooking the bread is not a concern as much as undercooking it is.