Slow cooker beef bone broth is an easy, hands free way to make bone broth in your own kitchen. Add beef and low carb vegetables to a crock pot, step back and wait while your nutrient dense liquid cooks.
- Slow Cooker
- Glass jars for storage
- 6 pounds beef bones
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar lemon or lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Placing the bones in a roasting pan or baking dish. Roast for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add all vegetables and herbs to the bowl of the slow cooker. Arrange bones on top of the vegetables. Cover all ingredients with water. Leave about 1-inch of space from the water line to the top of the slow cooker. Stir in the vinegar.
- Cover with a lid. Cook on low for 18 to 24 hours.
- Skim off any scum that rises to the top. Once cool enough to handle, strain the broth through a strainer and ladle into glass jars for storage. Bone broth keeps in the fridge for up to one week, best if used in 3-5 days. It will freeze well for up to 3 months.