Hi. My name is Dana (pronounced DAN-nuh).
I am a recovered sugar addict. Sugar addiction impacted my relationships to others and food, and took a toll on my body. My 5’2” frame became morbidly obese tipping the scale at 255 pounds and 54% body fat. By going carnivore and focusing on my health, I have personally resolved or drastically improved the following issues:
- Extreme cravings, sugar addiction, and uncontrollable eating (sneaking food)
- Mental depression and anxiety (at times severe)
- Mental fog and memory issues
- Leaky gut and IBS
- Joint pain, plantar fasciitis, arthritis
- Auto immune disease – Skin issues (rashes, eczema, Lichen Planus, Lichen Sclerosis)
- Yo-yo dieting (Raw Vegan, Keto, Paleo, Low fat, low calorie, plus about a dozen others)
- Fatigue and body pains
- Fatty liver, sluggish gallbladder
- Insulin resistance – pre-diabetes
- Edema and inflammation
- Hormone imbalances (Endometriosis, PCOS, dense breast tissue)
- B12 deficiency anemia
- Symptoms of food intolerance including sinus issues and headaches
- Adult acne
- Excess body fat
Before carnivore I was plagued by constant unhealthy thoughts of food and I felt like I was either planning or preparing something to eat just to make it through the day. I struggled with hunger and satiety. My health issues persisted and as soon as I got off a diet plan my weight would rapidly return with extra.
Since 2017, I have been learning about and incorporating fasting. I am experienced in intermittent fasting or timed eating, and in extended fasting. In September of 2018 I started my carnivore journey from casual to strict and everything in between. There have been ups and downs along the way but I have learned so much. I feel fantastic and it is freeing on so many levels.
I am thankful to be able to lend my knowledge from personal experience and training to help others. This way of eating is very individual to each person. My goal is not only to help you find what works best for you, but also to support you along the way.