MeatRx is committed to maintaining and promoting excellence in coaching. Therefore, MeatRx expects all of our coaches to adhere to the elements and principles of our code of Ethics/Conduct:
The MeatRx Code of Ethics is designed to provide appropriate guidelines, accountability and enforceable standards of conduct for all MeatRx coaches. In line with the MeatRx definition of coaching, you are to remember you are not physicians and can not give medical advice.
Part one: Definitions
MeatRx Coaching: Coaches partner with clients seeking knowledge of the carnivore lifestyle so the client can achieve self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values, which promote health and wellness and, thereby, enhance overall wellbeing. In the course of their work coaches shall display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, and honoring that each client is an expert on his or her life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental.
Part Two: The MeatRx Standards of Ethical Conduct
Section 1: Professional Conduct at Large: As a MeatRx coach, I will:
- Conduct myself in accordance with the MeatRx Code of Ethics in all coaching interactions, including coach training and coach mentoring activities, and all online meetings. If you have any feedback for MeatRx send an email to [email protected], where we can address it. As a coach you are the representative of MeatRx and your positive attitude will affect clients and other coaches on the platform.
- Commit to take the appropriate action with the MeatRx team, to address any ethics violation or possible breach as soon as I become aware of such a situation, whether it involves me or others verses speaking wrongfully of the team outside of the platform.
- Communicate and create awareness in others, coaches, clients, potential clients, and others who might need to be informed of the responsibilities established by this Code.
- Refrain from unlawful discrimination in occupational activities, including age, race, gender orientation, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or disability; and consistently demonstrate dignity and respect in all professional relationships.
- Make verbal and written statements that are true and accurate about what I offer as a coach, and the MeatRx platform.
- Accurately identify my coaching qualifications, expertise, experience, training, certifications and credentials.
- Recognize and honor the efforts and contributions of others and only claim ownership of my own material. I understand that violating this standard may leave me subject to legal remedy by MeatRx.
- Strive at all times to recognize any personal issues that may impair, conflict with or interfere with my coaching performance or my professional coaching relationships. I will promptly seek the relevant assistance and determine the action to be taken, including whether it is appropriate to suspend or terminate my coaching relationship(with client) whenever the facts and circumstances necessitate.
- Recognize that the Code of Ethics applies to my relationship with not only my coaching clients, mentors/meatrx team, other coaches, and any MeatRx affiliate.
- Conduct and report research with competence, honesty and within recognized scientific standards and applicable subject guidelines.
- I will not use or seek MeatRx coaches or members contact information, such as email addresses, telephone numbers, or social media link as it is a violation of the privacy act. All contact will remain on the MeatRx platform or MeatRx coaches facebook group.
Section 2: Conflicts of Interest: As a coach, I:
12.Seek to be conscious of any conflict or potential conflict of interest, openly disclose any such conflict to the MeatRx team, and offer to remove myself when a conflict arises.
13.Clarify roles for coaches, set boundaries and review with team any conflicts of interest that may emerge between coaching and other role functions. Disclose to all clients the exact nature of the coach’s role within MeatRx, and the limitations and expectations thereof.
14.Honor an equitable coach/client relationship, regardless of the form of compensation.
Section 3: Professional Conduct with Clients: As a coach, I:
15.Ethically speak what I know to be true to clients, prospective clients or sponsors about the potential value of the coaching process or of me as a coach.
16.Make clear to any client what activities fall within the scope of a MeatRx coach, as well as the outcomes that can be reasonably be
17.Adhere to all ethical standards of MeatRx and not use the MeatRx platform or coaching session for self promotion of any personal gain outside of MeatRx related content.
18.Carefully explain and strive to ensure that, prior to or at the initial meeting, my coaching client understands the nature of coaching session, the nature and limits of confidentiality, financial arrangements, and any other terms of the coaching agreement.
19.Have a clear coaching service agreement with my clients and sponsor(s) before beginning the coaching session and honor this agreement. The agreement shall include the roles, responsibilities and rights of all parties involved.
20.Hold responsibility for being aware of and setting clear, appropriate and culturally sensitive boundaries that govern interactions, physical or otherwise, I may have with my clients.
21.Avoid any sexual or romantic relationship with clients. Further, I will be alert to the possibility of any potential sexual intimacy among the parties including my support staff and/or assistants and will take the appropriate action to address the issue or cancel the engagement in order to provide a safe environment overall.
22.Respect the client’s right to terminate the coaching session at any time.
23.Strive to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the client. I will encourage the client to make a change if I believe the client would be better served by another coach, and I will support my client seeking the services of other professionals when deemed necessary or appropriate.
Section 4: Confidentiality / Privacy: As a coach, I:
24.Maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality with all client information unless release is required by the MeatRx team.
25.Have a clear agreement about how coaching information will be exchanged among coach and client, including mobile health/electronic health data collected by the coach prior to session beginning.
26.Have a clear agreement when acting as a coach, coach mentor, coaching supervisor/host about the conditions under which confidentiality may not be maintained (e.g., illegal activity, pursuant to valid court order or subpoena; imminent or likely risk of danger to self or to others; etc.). Where I reasonably believe that because one of the above circumstances is applicable, I may need to inform appropriate MeatRx officials.
27.Require all those who work with me in support of my clients to adhere to the MeatRx Code of Ethics, Number 26, Section 4, Confidentiality and Privacy Standards, and any other sections of the Code of Ethics that might be applicable.
Section 5: Continuing Development: As a coach, I:
28.Commit to the need for continued and ongoing development of my professional skills through the module training.
Part Three: The MeatRx Pledge of Ethics:
As a Coach, I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical and legal obligations to my coaching clients and sponsors, colleagues, and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with the MeatRx Code of Ethics and to practice these standards with those whom I coach, teach, mentor or supervise/host.