Serve as a warm breakfast or enjoy cold leftovers for lunch – this cheesy low-carb keto breakfast lasagna is great for the whole family!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 9 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1 medium zucchini (3/4 of a pound)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper. Warm a bit of butter in a skillet and scramble the eggs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the sausage. Once it is cooked, add the cream and broth to the pan. Simmer together with the sausage for 5 to 10 minutes, until the liquid reduces a bit.
- Spiralize or julienne the zucchini, go for long, broad pieces.
- In an 8 by 8-inch baking dish, spoon a layer of sausage and liquid to the bottom of the dish. Arrange half the slices of zucchini across in one direction. Divide the scrambled eggs in half and spread over the first layer of zucchini. Top this layer with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layers again. Sausage with creamy broth, zucchini, egg, and cheese. Press down on the layers to flatten. My dish was almost overflowing but the volume greatly reduces as the lasagna bakes.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Slice and serve warm. Save leftovers in the fridge. Serve cold for lunch.