Keto General Tso Meatballs, a healthy version of a favorite Asian dish. Baked meatballs glazed in a sweet and savory sauce with a hint of spice.
Calories: 462 kcal
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sambal oelek
- 2 tsp Swerve confectioners
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp sugar free ketchup
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, pork rinds, egg, garlic, ginger, sea salt, and sesame oil.
Using ice cream scoop (approx 1/4 cup), scoop out meat mixture and form into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Put cookie sheet into preheated oven and cook for 20 min. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large skillet, add all sauce ingredients except xanthan gum and whisk to combine. Cook 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced in half.
Sprinkle xanthan gum over sauce and stir.
Add meatballs to sauce pan and coat well.
- Remove from heat. Serve by itself or with riced broccoli or cauliflower.
- Optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Instead of meatballs, you can substitute cooked chicken or pork and coat with the sauce.
Nutritional information is provided for recipes as a guide only. It cannot be 100% accurate. It’s included as a courtesy to give a general account of a recipe, so one can see if the macros are within the ballpark of where he/she needs to be. It is automatically calculated using WP recipe software integrated with a nutrition API. Please calculate your own nutritional information with the exact brand and ingredients you used before relying on the ones included with the recipe.