I am 37. I have been Low Carb for 2 years. The first 20 months probably 80% Keto and 20% LCHF similar to Primal Blueprint. I have been on a Carnivore Diet for the last 4 months.
I have never been obese or had any noticeable metabolic diseases. However by the time I was 35 I was the heaviest I had ever been – 212 pounds which is heavy for me and the weight sat around my belly.
In the 20 months on Low Carb I dropped from 212 to 182 pounds, then from 182 to 171 pounds on Carnivore. Weight is so easily managed on Keto and Carnivore.
I fully respect Keto, and it helped me a lot. I would recommend it to anyone. However I have found that Carnivore is superior in a few way for me personally:
- Dropped 11 pounds almost immediately from a maintenance weight of 182 pounds on Keto
- I had chronic ankle joint morning stiffness/arthritis due to soccer injuries for over 10 years, cleared up in 2 weeks.
- Would get sporadic lower back pain, which I put down to slouching. Experienced no lower back pain in 4 months.
- No improvement in my running but has not declined either.
- I do get the urge to lift stuff. So I am going to do a Press Up / Pull Up challenge in January.
- No cravings for any plants, and I actually like fruit and veg but I have no desire to eat it.
- It is also really easy to plan as you just buy meat, keto can get a little tiresome at times.
- Shockingly I have not died of Scurvy and I still poop