With layers of shredded chicken, cheese, and tangy tomatillo sauce, this easy-to-make Keto Chicken Tomatillo Enchilada Casserole is a perfect blend of flavors.
Total: 45 mins
Calories: 383 kcal
- 14.5 oz fire roasted crushed tomatillos
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded chicken about 6 cups
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese about 3 chups
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease or spray a 7″ X 11″ baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix together crushed tomatillos, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and sea salt.
- Add about 3 Tbsp of the tomatillo mixture to bottom of baking dish. Top with 1/2 the shredded chicken.
- Pour 1/2 the remaining tomatillo mixture over chicken. Top with 1/2 the pepper jack cheese.
- Add the remaining shredded chicken on top of cheese. Pour the rest of the tomatillo mixture over chicken. Top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese with chopped onions.
- Place dish in preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes until top is starting to brown and sides are bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.