These tender American scones are wedges of rich buttery sweetness. Enjoy as a standalone treat or with a hot cup of coffee.
Cook: 26 mins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Swerve Brown Sugar divided
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp cold butter cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp caramel extract
- 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 1 Tbsp confectioner Swerve for dusting
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner Swerve
- 1/8 tsp caramel extract
- 1/8 tsp butter extract
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Swerve Brown Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small skillet, toast pecans on med-low heat until slightly browned and fragrant. About 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, melt butter and cook until it starts to brown. About 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 Tbsp of Swerve Brown Sugar. Add in pecans and coat well. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- To food processor, add flours, remaining Swerve Brown Sugar, baking powder, and salt to processor bowl. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add cold butter and pulse until well combined.
- Add eggs and extracts to processor bowl and pulse until a sticky dough is formed. It will be thick and sticky.
- Stir in the butter coated pecans.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the 1 Tbsp of confectioner Swerve on prepared parchment lined baking sheet. Turn dough out onto it. Slightly press dough into a rough circle, then sprinkle with the remaining confectioner Swerve. Form into a 9″ circumference circle about a 1/2″ thick.
- Pop baking sheet into freezer for 10 minutes to make it easier to cut and handle.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut circle into fourths, then cut each fourth into thirds to make a total of 12 wedges. Carefully separate wedges so there is at least a 1/2″ gap between each one.
- Brush tops and sides with the heavy whipping cream.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until firm and deeply browned, but NOT burned. Be sure bottom is not burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking pan for about 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and combine.
- Add heavy whipping cream a little at a time until you reach desired consistency where it can easily be drizzled over scones.
- Once scones are cooled, spoon glaze into sandwich-sized plastic bag. Snip a very small section (about 1 mm) off one corner and drizzle glaze over scones.
- Keep in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month.
You may substitute regular Swerve or Sukrin Gold in for the Swerve Brown, but I HIGHLY suggest you get a hold of some of the Brown. It’s A-MAZING. Awesome flavor. Really adds a lot. Great to use in so many recipes.
*Nutritional label does not include sugar alcohols or net carbs, so I’ve added that below as well as the NET CARBS.
Total Carbs: 19 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugar Alcohols (erythritol): 12 g
NET CARBS: 4 g