Hello, my name is Jim. I want to give you an insight into how the carnivore diet changed my life.
Let’s start with some stats:
May 5, 2018
Starting weight: 154 lb
Partial list health issues:
- CVD-meds: 20mg simvastin, 1/4 aspirin, plavix, atenalol
- Thyroid, goiter-meds: 1/2 smallest does WP thyroid and 200MCG Selenium 3X/week
- High fasting glucose: 110 in December and A1C 5.7 April 2017
- Gum disease
- IBS from “healthy” high fiber diet
- Back and shoulder pain
Getting fat on low fat diets
It seems like when I turned 50 everything started downhill. Up until then (and after) I tried mostly low fat, high fiber diet which included vegetable juicing.
I was 125 pounds in high school and went from about 135 to 185 from 45 years old to 55.
Low carb (again)
I tried a LCHF diet in 2012 but was scared out of it by my doctors even though my weight went from 184 to 125 in about 6 months.
My reason to go low carb this year was:
1. Gum disease progression: a lot of deep pockets and getting close to losing a back molar.
2. A1C was 5.7 last April and my morning, fasting glucose had been creeping way up to 110
Four month SUCCESSFUL results:
- 4 years of gum disease reversed as of check up May 3. No more deep pockets, no bleeding and teeth in great shape. Gum recession will not grow back
- April, 2018 A1C was 5.2 from 5.7 last April. Fasting morning glucose at 94 form 110 in December
- Had IBS, bleeding anal fissure, internal hemorrhoids and terrible gas. 99% gone. Unreal!!!!!
- Shoulder and back pain 90% better. Did 130 push-ups on Monday in 4 sets vs. 20 with a week of shoulder pain last year. Now doing deep knee bends and couldn’t ever thing of that last year because of back pain.
- Every morning I would wake up with a runny nose filling several paper towels with mucous. It’s now 90% better and was even better when I did not have dairy but have added some of that back.
- Weaned blood pressure meds to nothing and BP normal first time in over 20 years (was normal only with meds last 8). I had 4 stents in 3 arteries in 2010 with 1 artery clear and one 100% blocked (there are 5 major arteries feeding you heart). My chest pain did not go away after stents and cardiologist tried meds (renexa and long-acting nitro) neither worked so I said forget trying. 10 years of chest pain vanished after about a month of this and I thought at first it was my imagination (even though was getting great results on my new/used Concept 2 Rower).
Reversing carotid artery blockage
My GP does a carotid artery scan every April and in 2017 he said the blockage had gotten much worse from 2016 and said I need to do something soon. What was I supposed to do? Was already following all the stupid bullshit they told me to do. This April scan showed “significant” improvement over last year!!!!! And that was with 8 months of shitty diet and only 3.5 months of carnivore. My chest pain is gone and I have not felt this good since I was 30!!!!!!
Weight from 154 to 136 pounds.
Thanks so much to Doc Baker!