This dairy free liver pate with ox live recipe is an amazing side dish sure to wow dinner guests as well as your own taste buds! Make it in 15 minutes, then chill until you’re ready to serve. Liver pate is an elegant way to boost your nutrition without dairy on a keto, carnivore, paleo, or any healthy diet.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours – overnight
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 cup duck fat, lard or bacon fat, divided
- 1 small onion diced, optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced, optional
- 1 pound ox or beef liver
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar, lime or lemon
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, optional
- 1 tablespoon thyme, optional
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons of cooking fat over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, until transparent and soft. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Add garlic and continue cooking for another 2 minutes or so until garlic is fragrant and golden in color.
- Slice the liver into thin strips. Push the onion and garlic over to the side of the pan and arrange the liver in a single layer. Sear it for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer liver, onion, and garlic sauté to the bowl of a food processor. Add the vinegar, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add 1/2 cup of fat.
- Pulse to chop liver. Blend to combine. Add the remaining fat. Continue blending until smooth.
- Put into an airtight container and chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Liver pate can be served right away, however, it’s best to let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving. If you can, make it the day before so it chills overnight and all the flavors can meld together.
For strict carnivore omit the onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and black pepper. ACV is usually ok for most people. Omit if needed.