When I was little I used to constantly get sick and suffered from hay fever and allergies quite often, not only that but I was a rowdy kid who lived off of whatever my parents made and junk food.
A few years back I became self-conscious about my body image and feared the thought of acne since my parents had severe acne in their teenage years, so I went on Doxcycline yet I still had the occasional pimple or two. I later learned that sugar caused acne so I decided to cut out all foods with added sugar (that I knew of) and started cooking for myself, fast forward a bit more and I eventually cut out all grains, cereals and wheat; I was essentially on a Paleo diet. I lost a tremendous amount of weight due to the minimal food I was eating in comparison along with my intense exercise routine, but I didn’t feel good. Most of the time I felt lethargic and despite my concentration and attention span improving I was still too tired to care half the time.
Two years ago was when it got really bad. After eating partially undercooked salmon I contracted Liver fluke which is not recognised in Australia and I ended up becoming very underweight and extremely unwell compared to before, as well as having what was deemed irreversible fatty liver that the doctor found in my blood results (result of liver fluke); my predominantly high carb and fat diet didn’t help either since I didn’t know the two were a dangerous combination.
I ended up turning to alternative medicine to deal with the problem and eventually got rid of the parasite where I was on the road to recovery; later on I realised a lot of what mainstream media and doctors told us was healthy was wrong, and the paleo diet had started to fail me as I gained 7kg over a few months last year resulting in me becoming desperate and learning about the Ketogenic diet.
As soon as I went on the Ketogenic diet I felt like I actually had my life back, many people criticized me especially my family despite how my health was improving. But I suffer from sever IBS, something that I always struggled with and the Paleo diet didn’t help with it and it got better on Keto, but it was still pretty bad as some days I could still have debilitating nausea and stomach pains if my bowel ever decided to move, it wasn’t fun.
Fast forward to today at the age of eighteen and I have been on a high fat Carnivore OMAD diet for four months now and the health benefits I have had are beyond imaginable, I’ve never felt so healthy in my life; here are some of the benefits from only eating animal fat, red meat, fatty fish, cheddar cheese, butter and eggs (including coffee, salt, pepper, turmeric, rosemary and thyme):
- I have tremendous amounts of energy and a rarely feel tired unless I haven’t slept long enough, but I only typically sleep five to six hours (eight if I’m lucky) after changing my diet and I don’t feel lethargic at all.
- I no longer suffer from my IBS or bloating and my recent bloods say my liver is completely healed, and is much healthier than the average.
- I’ve lost weight and have been able to maintain 49 – 50kg at 167cm
- No more fatigue and I have clarity in everything I do, resulting in improved memory and my school performance and grades improving.
- Exercise is much easier and I don’t have to push myself as much as I used to like I did on the Paleo or keto diet to stay in shape.
- I reversed the leaky gut I was developing.
- I recover from injuries faster and have more stamina.
- Everything tastes better and I no longer have cravings unless it’s meat.
- I’m in a constant state of ketosis.
- Meat, fat, eggs and cheese is the only thing that look like food to me anymore.
- I constantly feel happy and optimistic, or like I’m in a good mood. Even if something bad happens I don’t get overly upset and bounce back quicker. You could almost say it’s like a constant state of euphoria.
- I don’t suffer from hay fever or allergies anymore, nor do I get sick.
- I don’t have behavioral problems or short temper anymore, mostly which were caused by diet from what I’ve learned
- I’ve gone off Doxycycline and no longer have acne accept for the occasional black head.
- No more digestive issues with eating cheese.
- No more indigestion when going to the gym after eating and I can lift heavier weights as well as do intense cardio for longer.
- I don’t feel stressed anymore, I feel a lot more at peace with myself and grateful for what I have.
Honestly my quality of life has just improved so much on the Carnivore Diet that I don’t know how else I could explain it, but it’s the best decision I’ve made in my life.