This easy cheeseburger pie is perfect for a low-stress dinner any day of the week! Flavored with simple everyday ingredients, it is sure to be a new family favorite. Plus, you probably already have these budget-friendly ingredients on hand in your fridge right now.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon dulse flakes optional
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1.5 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon tallow or butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 350*F (176*C)
- Grease pie plate.
- Lightly brown the meat in tallow or butter in a heavy-bottomed skillet or cast iron, transfer to pie plate once done.
- In the same skillet, add a little more fat and brown the onions until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the onions cook, whisk the eggs. Add optional dulse and salt.
- Cover the meat with eggs. Press down or gently shift the meat around a little to allow the eggs to sink down into the meat. Sprinkle the onions over the eggs and meat. Top the whole pie with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
To make more of a complete cheeseburger themed meal, serve with a side of pickles or Pickle Relish and thick slices of farmer’s market fresh tomatoes on the side when you serve.