A delicious one pan keto lunch or dinner, this sausage skillet ready in 30 minutes. It’s crispy, fried, and oh so delicious. 100% ketogenic, low-carb, and gluten-free.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 small green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, butter, or tallow
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaf
- Finely chop the cabbage and add to the coconut oil over medium heat in a skillet. Keep the cabbage in one layer and cook for 7 minutes.
- Toss the cabbage, stir it around well and continue to cook for another 7 minutes.
- Slice open the sausage, break it apart with your fingers and add it to the skillet. Add the salt, garlic and rosemary. Continue to cook over medium heat until the sausage is golden and crispy. The cabbage should be very soft. I like it best when it is slightly golden and the sausage is crispy.
- Serve warm.
For the printable recipe card and complete recipe details, visit the Fried Cabbage and Sausage Skillet Recipe on Primal Edge Health and check out our keto and carnivore cookbooks too!
Serve as a warm breakfast or enjoy cold leftovers for lunch – this cheesy low-carb keto breakfast lasagna is great for the whole family!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 9 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1 medium zucchini (3/4 of a pound)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper. Warm a bit of butter in a skillet and scramble the eggs. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the sausage. Once it is cooked, add the cream and broth to the pan. Simmer together with the sausage for 5 to 10 minutes, until the liquid reduces a bit.
- Spiralize or julienne the zucchini, go for long, broad pieces.
- In an 8 by 8-inch baking dish, spoon a layer of sausage and liquid to the bottom of the dish. Arrange half the slices of zucchini across in one direction. Divide the scrambled eggs in half and spread over the first layer of zucchini. Top this layer with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layers again. Sausage with creamy broth, zucchini, egg, and cheese. Press down on the layers to flatten. My dish was almost overflowing but the volume greatly reduces as the lasagna bakes.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Slice and serve warm. Save leftovers in the fridge. Serve cold for lunch.
For the printable recipe and complete recipe details, visit the Low-Carb Breakfast Lasagna Recipe on Primal Edge Health and check out The Carnivore Cookbook too!