Andy Storey, one of our Meatrx.com coaches, will show you how to make bacon cheese chip snacks.
Chips & Crunchy
This pemmican recipe combines the two most essential ingredients for human health: animal meat and fat. It is one of my easy keto recipes that is a long-lasting option for backpacking, hiking, camping and other forms of travel because it won’t spoil, smush or spill.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 454 grams meat dried and ground
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons herbs and spices optional
- 454 grams tallow melted
- Melt the tallow in an oven-safe container or double boiler over medium-low heat. At 350° F/175° C, it takes about 10 minutes in the oven.
- Combine the meat, salt, and optional herbs and spices in a bowl.
- Once the tallow is melted, but not too hot, pour over the dry material and combine well. There should be just enough tallow to moisten all the meat but not make puddles. If the fat does not completely incorporate the dry meat, add a little more. Mix well.
- Transfer into an 8x8-inch baking dish to set. Then score into squares and store in an airtight container.
See notes in recipe text for the best way to dry meat.
In place of cutting into squares, it is also possible to roll the mixture in your hands like a meatball and form small balls.
Silicon molds and standard or mini muffin size pans are also useful for forming uniform shaped pieces. Chocolate or soap molds can both be used for this purpose if they have a shape you like.
Crispy, greasy Carnivore Scotch Eggs are loaded with protein and make a great appetizer or main portion of the meal. The best part is that this pork-free version has only 3-ingredients!
Serve hot, pack into a picnic, or store in the fridge to use throughout the week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 Scotch eggs
- 2 pounds ground beef or chicken sausage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 large boiled eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line two small rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine beef (or chicken) and salt in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together and form into 12 meatballs. Place 6 meatballs on each of the lined baking sheets and press flat.
- Place one boiled egg in the middle of each circle of meat and wrap the meat around the egg, leaving no gaps or holes.
- Bake about 15 minutes, turn them over, and continue for another 10 minutes, until outside is golden brown. Place under the broiler to finish for 5 minutes for a crispy shell. Serve hot.
Thin crunchy carnivore chips made from grass-fed beef liver are perfectly dippable for all your favorite dips but come with a super nutritional boost!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Drying Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
Equipment (pick one)
- Food dehydrator
- Oven, optional
- 1 pound beef liver ground or thinly sliced
- Use a spatula to spread it on a food dehydrator sheet or ovenproof baking sheet in one single layer. Stretch it out to make as thin as possible.
- Dry on the meat setting in the dehydrator. If you use an oven, set the heat at the lowest temperature possible.
- Flip once the center is completely dry. This can take 8-12 hours in a food dehydrator, however, the oven will dry much more quickly, check after an hour. Keep an eye on it until edges separate and the center is dry.
- Dry the second side thoroughly until no moisture remains.
Chicken skin from 1-2 whole chickens or 1 pound chicken skins from your butcher, if you’re lucky like that
Salt or your favorite seasoning blend
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Season chicken skins with your seasoning of choice.
Place skins on a parchment lined sheet pan. They can be touching because they will shrink a lot during the cooking process.
Bake for 20-22 mins. Flip skins over and bake another 20-22 mins.
Let cool before eating.
If you want really flat chips, lay another parchment sheet over the skins and then lay another sheet pan on top of that parchment paper. Cooking times will vary for this method, so I suggest checking them 5 minutes sooner.
Say Hello to your new favorite snack mix! Make a double or even triple batch of this recipe to have plenty of snacks when you need them! It truly can’t get any easier than this!
1-2 packages of your favorite sugar free jerky or biltong
2-3 small bags of your favorite flavor of cheese crisps (Whisps, Moon Cheese, Bunker Hill Cheese Crisps, etc.)
2-4 beef or pork sticks, diced up into 1" pieces
Combine all ingredients and mix.
Feel free to add about 1-2 tsps of your favorite seasoning mix to change up the flavors!
Serve in your favorite party bowl next time you have a get together.
Use your favorite pepperoni, or even your favorite thin sliced dried meat/sausage
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Place pepperoni on parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
Let cool. Chips will get crisp once cooled down. Eat immediately. They do not stay crisp, but if you have leftovers you can re-crisp them in the oven for 3-5 minutes at 300 degrees.
Use your favorite semi-hard to hard cheese (ex: parmesan, cheddar, pepperjack)
You can also use your favorite seasonings to make different flavors! (ex: garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, italian herbs, etc)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
If using block cheese, cut the cheese into small uniform slices about ½ inch by 1 inch big.
Place pieces of cheese about 3 inches apart from each other onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
If using shredded cheese pile about 2 tsp of shredded onto the parchment lined baking sheet, keeping the piles about 3 inches apart from each other.
These will spread so do not put them close together or you will get one big mess.
If using seasoning, sprinkle the seasoning on top of the cheese.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until cheese has browned just a little bit.
Times will vary with different cheeses and depending on how much is on the pan.
Check them at 15 minutes.
Pull out of the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before carefully removing from the pan.
Enjoy with your meal, on your meat salad, or top with your favorite dip!
JOIN the COMMUNITY
Live Q&A with experts, social meetings, exclusive discounts, workout challenges, and much more…