Author: Maria Emmerich
- 1½ pounds fontina cheese, rind removed and cut into 1 inch cubes (or Havarti cheese)
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil (click here to find the company I love)
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Turn the broiler oven on high.
- Place the Fontina cheese cubes in the bottom of an 8 inch cast-iron skillet about ¼ centimeter apart. Drizzle olive oil on top of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oregano and salt.
- Put cheese cubes in seasoning and toss to coat.
- Place the skillet in the middle rack under the broiler for about 6 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and starts to brown.
- Serve immediately with slices of sausages, pork rinds or meatballs!
Nutritional Info of cheese only: 254 calories, 1g carb, 14g protein, 21g fat