Crispy, greasy Carnivore Scotch Eggs are loaded with protein and make a great appetizer or main portion of the meal. The best part is that this pork-free version has only 3-ingredients!
Serve hot, pack into a picnic, or store in the fridge to use throughout the week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 Scotch eggs
- 2 pounds ground beef or chicken sausage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 large boiled eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line two small rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine beef (or chicken) and salt in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together and form into 12 meatballs. Place 6 meatballs on each of the lined baking sheets and press flat.
- Place one boiled egg in the middle of each circle of meat and wrap the meat around the egg, leaving no gaps or holes.
- Bake about 15 minutes, turn them over, and continue for another 10 minutes, until outside is golden brown. Place under the broiler to finish for 5 minutes for a crispy shell. Serve hot.